Something in January’s issue of Mollie Makes caught my eye…
I loved this idea: it’s so simple, but has a lot of charm about it. So I had a think and then decided to make my own today. I hunted out an old biscuit tin, and then cut index cards and other card to fit.
For the dividers I used bits of old postcards and notecards I’ve received from people in the past. Prior to this they’d been tacked onto a wall in my studio, but this seemed like a better use for them.
I also added little ribbon bits to help make it easier to flick from section to section.
I haven’t stamped dates onto any of the cards yet, but I’ve got a brand new SMASH stamp (from Craft Obsessions) which will do the job perfectly.
I’ve been a bit rubbish at keeping a diary as an adult – there always seems to be so much space to fill, and inevitably you miss days, or make a right mess of a page and want to rip it out. This seems a good alternative because individual cards can be replaced, or added, and because it’s almost a perpetual diary I’ll be trying to keep things short and sweet to save on room. I’m looking forward to 1st January so I can start using it!