A fortnight ago I blogged about a sketch I’d done while staying with friends in Orkney (it’s here if you missed it), and I said that I was hoping to finally finish it by adding some colour.
Well I didn’t finish it. I started again, and made a fresh one.
That was the rough outline, and you’ll note that I resorted to masking tape around the edges because I knew I’d get a bit messy once I got to the watercolour part of life. I probably should have used masking fluid, but I forgot to take any with me (I did this while I was away in Norfolk).
I got the ink outline done (and managed to get the house looking a little more balanced this time – the windows were a bit wonky in the original), and then took a deep breath and added the colour. This bit is always a bit heart-in-mouth because I have The Fear that I’l cock it up and ruin a perfectly good ink drawing.
Ta da! I’m pleased with it, it’s very much the wee house I remember so fondly and I’ve got that feeling of satisfaction that comes from a job well done. I posted it to my friend at the beginning of the week, and it did arrive safely. Yay!